Tuesday, September 22, 2015

BIG NEWS TO SHARE!

Thumbtack Best Pro of 2015

If you've visited Houses to Homes before  you may notice that we now have this nice orange circle added to our home page. That's because we just recently were acknowledged for being one of the Best of 2015 for home services in Alexandria, VA! 

For most of you bloggers out there, I am sure you are laughing at this "award" and I am perfectly okay with that. But this is a big milestone for K&B Houses to Homes even if it is a small award. We only started in July and I will openly admit that we started this business without really knowing what we were doing. 

We read a lot of articles and did a lot of research and tried to prepare but how do you truly prepare to start a business that you've never ran before or better yet how to do you start any business when you have never started any kind of business in your whole life?!

Well I still don't quite have the answers to those questions. All that I can say is, take a deep breathe and take the leap. My fiance and I are still working our full time jobs and things have certainly slowed down for the business now that it's fall and our jobs have gotten crazy. But we at least have started! And that's the hardest part. 

I hope that this award is the first of many to come. I know this blog is still in it's early stages and all of you pro-bloggers see me as a dreamer. But I do truly hope to one day use this blog and my business as a full time job. I would love to help people make their houses, apartments, studios, or what have you into beautiful places that they can call home.

Here's to the future. And here's to hoping that the slow and steady turtle will eventually win this race! 

Thank you to all of you who have been reading Houses to Homes and who have hired us! We look forward to working with many more of you in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment